"Abbrandler" - that was not exactly a polite name given to the citizens of Waldeck after the destruction of their community. In fact, almost no one was to be blamed for the terrible fire in 1794, when a horrific thunderstorm caused the blaze that destroyed everything 57 families had created. But just one day after the event of the century, the people of Waldeck came together resolutely and organized the rebuilding of their community. But in a new location: directly on the trade route from Franken to Böhmen.
The plan for the new building came from the electoral master builder Dobmayer. All the houses were to be 40 shoes to the ground (1 shoe = 32 centimetres). The width was based on the need for stables and workshops. This meant that there were no major differences in the appearance of the village. Only the longest house, the vicarage, with a length of 50 shoes, stands out from the streetscape.