Built over 200 years ago, the building accommodated poor citizens, refugees, the local council offices and the fire department, among others.
The small building near the fountain and the old school building was constructed by the carpenter Georg Schlicht after the fire at Alt-Waldeck on the Schlossberg in 1794. It was known much later as the poorhouse in Waldeck. It housed the poor and also refugees after the war.
Waldeck's detention cell was also located in this house and had a small window overlooking the market fountain.
In the 1960s, two rooms were renovated and used as the council offices. After the incorporation into Kemnath in 1972, it was used, among other things, as a storage facility for the local history and cultural association and most recently the Waldeck carnival association stored its inventory in the house.
The building was demolished in 2015. The new Kanzlei, a beautiful village house, was elaborately rebuilt at this central location in the village.